Functional genomics, Bioinformatics, Translational cancer genomics
- Genome-scale profiling of mRNA, DNA methylation, and microRNA .
- Genomic data analysis: data preprocessing, statistical analysis, and interpretation.
- Public domain data mining, meta-analysis.
- Gene regulation network analysis
- Pathway analysis.
Translational cancer genomics
- Biomarkers for early detection, outcome prediction/prognosis of cancer.
- Functional genomics-based studies to understand molecular mechanisms of tumorigenesis and cancer progression.
RESEARCH ACTIVITIES & ACCOMPLISHMENT
Based on bioinformatic investigations together with clinical and biological validation, Dr. Jiang’s laboratory has found that SOX9 is a hall mark of lung adenocarcinoma. His expertise is playing critical and supportive role in the bioinformatics core of NICR and its associated Translation Center for Glandular Malignancies (TCGM). In collaboration with Drs. Chao A. Hsiung and I-Shou Chang, his group is also devoted to identifying useful genetic markers and their corresponding pathways and networks of lung cancer.